These social media resources will help you create highly engaging content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and whichever other social media channels your organisation has a presence on.
From setting solid social media strategies to how to measure success on social media, these free social media tips and guides will help you on your search for social media excellence.
- What next with X?X, formerly known as Twitter, is a channel we’ve been keeping an eye on internally. We’ve updated our recommendations to clients regarding its latest developments.
- Charities and Social Media: How to use The Charity Commission’s Social Media Policy GuidanceThe Charity Commission for England and Wales has published updated social media guidance to help charities understand how their legal duties are relevant to their use of social media. The guidance was evolved using comments from the charity sector, with feedback gathered during a consultation process with nearly 400 responses from charities. As the Charity Commission outlines, social media can be a powerful communication tool for charities, but some risks come with using it. Their updated guidance is designed to help charities understand the risks, highlight the responsibilities of trustees, and describe what to consider if issues with social media …
- Threads – a new social media juggernaut or a flame bound to fizzle out?Is Threads a social media novelty, or is it responding to a real user need and will become the new Twitter? Our expert analysis of the development.
- How to set a sustainable social media strategyWith unpredictable times at Twitter, here’s how to set a sustainable social media strategy.
- Social media stats for charities and nonprofitsA collection of stats to help you understand the effectiveness of social media activities for charities and nonprofits, including benchmarks for fundraising, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Twitter Blue: Is it right for your Twitter account?Is Twitter Blue right for your accounts? We take a look at whether Twitter Blue and Twitter Gold are worth activating.
- Reaching 1.7 million on World Mental Health Day for the Global Business Collaboration For Better Workplace Mental HealthThe Global Business Collaboration (GBC) is one of the first global business-led initiatives of its kind designed to advocate for – and accelerate – positive change for mental health in the workplace.
- Twitter adds public view counts: 6 responses to considerAdding public view counts is an exposing change for those producing social media content in a changing Twitter environment. Here’s how to respond.
- Twitter copypasta policy limits the visibility of mass-coordinate tweetsTwitter limits the visibility of duplicative tweets. Here’s how to mitigate against Twitter’s new duplicate tweets policy.
- Social Media Accessibility: Tips for Creating Inclusive ChannelsThis inclusive social media guide explains how people with visual or hearing impairments use social media and what you can do to make your social media content more accessible.
- Free Social Media Listening ToolsCreating a suite of social media listening tools to pick up on conversations about your organisation can be done for free. Here’s how.
- Why there is no best time to post on social media (hint: it’s the algorithms!)The timing of your social media posts has become less important. We’ll explain why, plus give you a few tips on how to make sure your posts are still seen.
- Twitter Hashtag Tracking: 4 Alternatives to TopsyFree Twitter hashtag tracking tool Topsy has shut down. Don’t worry – we’ve got alternatives for you!
- How to amplify events using social mediaPromoting your events on social media is a great opportunity to engage with fans and followers, reach new people and raise awareness of your brand. Here’s how.
- How to cope with difficult social media shifts
If you moderate social media as part of your role, it is important to be aware of how it can impact your wellbeing. Here’s how to cope with difficult social media shifts.
- How to deal with trolls
Trolls interact with your or your organisation’s social media accounts simply to be a nuisance. Here’s how to deal with trolling.
- Social Media Video: The Ultimate Guide
Download our latest guide on social media video – covering everything from Facebook Live to Snapchat, Twitter to Instagram Stories – and find out how to get the most out of social media video.
- How to repurpose video content for social media
The absolute best way to save yourself time and money in your video marketing activity is to repurpose video content for social media. Here’s how.
- Dark Social Media: Can You Measure What You Can’t See?Dark social is a mysterious type of traffic where links are shared in a private yet social way, such as sent in an email, by instant messenger or in a text message, and is an increasing problem in a measurable digital world.
- Best time to tweet for clicks, retweets and engagementKnowing the best time to tweet when you schedule your tweets is important to get the clicks, retweets and engagement that you’re looking for. But a lot of research out there around the best time to tweet is outdated. Still tweeting at 11am in the morning and at around lunch time, to try and hit people when they’re checking Twitter on their breaks? You may need to think again. There’s been some new research released by Buffer into Twitter best practice around length and frequency and timing. Buffer’s data team analysed over 4.8 million tweets across 10,000 profiles, pulling the stats on how clicks and engagement and …
- Small Businesses and Social Media: Best PracticeEmpower Director Ben Matthews was recently quoted in an article on The Guardian’s Small Business Network, looking at best practice for small business and social media: “Many website analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, also let you see where visitors are coming from when visiting your small business website. It’s a great way to check if your Facebook or Twitter channels are performing well or what opportunities there are to improve.” Below are the 8 tips from the article, or you can read the full version on The Guardian. In this article:Choose your channelsKnow your connectionsResearch the conversationsSet the right toneGrow …
- UK Social Media StatsSocial media stats for the UK change all the time and differ according to which sources you choose from. But the UK media industry watchdog, Ofcom, publishes a quarterly report on the UK media landscape and is one of the most reliable out there. Most coverage of the August 2014 report has concentrated on the fact that adults spend more time engaged with the media (eight hours 41 minutes) than time spent sleeping (eight hours 21 minutes). We watch television and use the internet at the same time, which means 11 hours seven minutes worth of media is consumed in that eight hours …
- 9 Marketing Newsletters for Digital and Social Media NewsHere are our favourite marketing newsletters for keeping on top of digital and social media news.