Job opportunities at Empower
Empower’s mission is to help purpose-led organisations and the people that work for them use digital tools to create and communicate positive social and environmental impact.
If that sounds like a challenge you’re up for, we’d love to hear from you.
At Empower, we value people above all else. We know the happier the people we work with are with the work they’re doing, the better our work for Empower’s clients will be.
The better Empower’s work, the happier our clients are. Because of this, we make sure that everyone who works at Empower feels supported, challenged and inspired.
What we offer
At Empower, we want to enable our team to live fulfilling lives inside and outside of the workplace. Our benefits package is designed to help people flourish in their careers and personal lives.
- Pension: 5% Employer contribution
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays
- Co-working: Two days a week co-working and a monthly team meet up
- Training: £500 per year
- Equipment: Up to £1,000 on equipment needed to work at home
- Sick Pay: 15 days full pay
- Additional benefits:
- Carbon offsetting
- Wellness subscription of your choice
Our recruitment process
Inviting someone to join our team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. We don’t want to waste anyone’s time, so if we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage, we’ll let you know.
We want our recruitment process to be fair and inclusive, so please do let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make.
- Apply for the job through one of the links below.
- You’ll have a half hour chat over the phone with a member of our recruitment team so we can find out more about your experience and ambitions.
- If we think you’re a good match for the role, we’ll book you in for an in-person interview. For some roles there’s also a task to complete and a second interview. This’ll also be a chance to meet some of the people you’d be working with, and ask any questions about working at Empower.
- That’s it! If everyone’s happy, we’ll make you an offer.
Feedback from applicants
“I know recruitments are time-consuming and exhausting as much as for the employer as for the interviewing candidates. I would like to thank you for being so kind and congenial throughout the process. It is such a rarity!”
“I’ve never had the interview questions shared in advance, or felt so prepared and relaxed ahead of an interview. The time you’ve taken to explain and design the process is very impressive, and would help others who find job applications challenging, able to be their best on the day.”
“Thanks so much for all your time and thoughtfulness throughout this process. It has left a great impression on me.”
We’re looking for a Digital Account Manager with an agency background in B2B digital and social media comms to help run several of our key client accounts.
If you have experience building client relationships and managing in-house and external teams to run effective campaigns and always-on social and digital activity, enjoy project management and problem-solving, and would be excited to help spread digital best practice across the non-profit, charity and NGO sector, this is the role for you.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 30th June 2021
Open call for applications
Empower welcomes general applications from freelancers looking to get themselves on our books, so we can send you opportunities as new projects come in.
We’re always looking for:
- Social Media Specialists – To ensure well-run, engaging channels, campaigns, profiles and social moments
- Paid Media Specialists – To plan and implement campaigns that land the right message to the perfect audience
- Designers – To create super-shareable social cards, gifs, and more
- Developers – To deliver wonderfully usable sites, apps and experiences
- Video Producers – To produce, edit and capture dynamic, impactful social video
To join the Empower freelance network, please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org