“I just wanted to say a huge thanks for all the help and support. I appreciate that we have thrown a lot of things at you, which you’ve picked up very efficiently. The Twitter feed looks great, engaging and professional and we’ve had strong growth with our Linkedin community. I am delighted with the progress you have made and would like to continue building on these excellent results.”
About the PRI
The United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) is the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment. It works to understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors and to support its international network of investor signatories in integrating these factors into their investment and ownership decisions. The PRI acts in the long-term interests of its signatories, of the financial markets and economies in which they operate and ultimately of the environment and society worldwide.
As an organisation with an important mission in today’s political and economic climate, The PRI decided that they needed to place a greater emphasis on revitalising their social media feeds, amplifying key actions / output and engaging with the active conversation happening in their sector to increase brand awareness.
The key measures of success for empower on this project were:
- Grow The PRI social media community on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Develop and advise on the The PRI social media marketing strategy
- Implement the social media marketing strategy across key platforms
- Ensure the PRI comms team gain knowledge and confidence in running social media
Empower took a two-pronged approach to this work. Having worked with similar organisations to create successful social media marketing strategies, we applied our expert knowledge of the sector and used this to conduct a detailed social media audit.
The social media audit included reviewing the key channels, tone of voice, visual identity, success of content and brand messaging and created recommendations for The PRI to adapt the current strategy.
Following the audit, empower helped PRI to:
- Incorporate the brand’s key messaging into the tone of voice across platforms, and optimised branded profile and bios across all channels.
- Optimise integration and automation where possible, making things easier to manage
- Improve how current channels are used to make them more interactive and engaging with the aim to build a strong, influential community
- Began regularly sharing knowledge and creating monthly progress reports of what was proving successful – and why
- Communicate with The PRI around events, key messaging and current affairs to create and manage social media content on a weekly basis
- PRI’s Twitter followers grew 20% in followers in 6 months
- The @PRI_News profile saw a 73% increase in engagement
- The PRI LinkedIn page saw a 270% increase in clicks, helped by more frequent posting across different time zones
- The amount of unique visitors to the PRI LinkedIn page increased by 24%
- The comms team increased their knowledge of best practices in using social media platforms
Hire empower for your next campaign
Send your brief to empower using the contact form below.