Find out how empower is helping the Centre for the Study of Governance and Society grow their digital presence and connect with relevant governance audiences.
“empower have done a wonderful job taking on our online marketing. Our digital channels look fantastic and we’re delighted with the results. On top of that, they are a pleasure to work with – responsive, efficient and helpful. Highly recommended, we look forward to continue working with them.
– Irena Schneider, Assistant Director
Housed in the Department of Political Economy at King’s College London, the Centre for the Study of Governance and Society (CSGS) examines how both formal and informal rules of governance operate and evolve, and how these rules facilitate or imperil peaceful, prosperous, and ecologically secure societies.
CSGS approached empower in early 2019 to help them with their digital marketing strategy. The project included content creation, social media and email marketing. The project objectives were:
- Establish a digital marketing strategy to increase both the quantity and quality of engagement with CSGS programmes, including its blog, podcast programme and public lecture series
- Increase CSGS’ online presence & establish its image as the leading centre for research on governance dilemmas around the world
- Create a measurement framework to ensure the digital marketing strategy is delivering positive ROI
Empower initially completed an audit of CSGS’ existing online presence and created a digital marketing strategy, focussing on the optimisation of present digital marketing efforts and the development of measurable tactics.
From this insight, practical recommendations were implemented. This included the optimisation of existing content for SEO purposes, the establishment of a content creation process, the development of an online newsletter template, the design of creative branding and the creation of digital assets including videos.
Empower also improved the use of existing social media channels, and set up a brand new Instagram channel to generate traffic to CSGS’ website and programmes, engaging industry influencers and other target audiences, such as journalists and academics, to become aware of and engage with CSGS’ programmes.
- Monthly website traffic grew by 40% in the first 5 months
- 7,000 overall podcast downloads and a 41% increase in podcast listens
- YouTube video views grew by 553%
- Twitter followers grew by 116%
Hire empower for your next campaign
Empower run Digital Marketing, Communications and Social Media campaigns for some of the biggest and best social good organisations around the world. As independent consultants, we offer your impartial advice at reasonable rates, with the flexibility to work to your campaign schedules. Say hello.