Due to a run of recent client and project wins in the climate change and sustainability communications sector, we’re looking for a digital generalist with a background in sustainability communications to help lead several of our key client accounts.
If you have experience helping organisations and teams run effective campaigns in the climate change sector, enjoy building relationships and problem-solving, and would be excited to help spread digital best practice across the climate change sector, this is the role for you.
In this article:
How to apply
The deadline for applications is now closed.
About the role
- JOB TITLE: Digital Marketing Consultant, Climate Change Specialist
- LOCATION: Preferably based in the US or UK, or equivalent time zones. This is a fully remote role.
- WORKING HOURS: 3+ days per week, during Monday-Friday working hours (9am-6pm)
- DAY RATE: £225-£350 / $300-$450, dependent on experience
- START DATE: ASAP
Empower run Digital, Social and Content Marketing campaigns for some of the biggest and best charity, nonprofit and social good brands around the world.
Current and previous clients include: UN Refugee Agency, Amnesty International, UNICEF, The Jo Cox Foundation, Science Based Targets Network, Business for Nature, The Green Party, Global Witness, We Mean Business, World Resources Institute, COP26 Climate Champions, The Guardian, RSPCA, The Wildlife Trusts, Medact, UNPRI and ShelterBox.
We run award-winning campaigns, translating our clients’ goals into effective strategy and implementation. We are flexible and inventive, seeing communication challenges as opportunities to develop bespoke approaches. We are happiest when we become the trusted counsel and a friendly sounding board to our clients and their teams. We believe in close collaboration with our clients and an emphasis on working with our clients to deliver results.
Empower is an equal opportunities employer, aiming to recruit from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Our values are central to our work. We only work with clients and team members who actively demonstrate these values:
- Driven: We are ambitious, professional and take initiative
- People-centred: We are kind, generous and human
- Ethical: We are trustworthy, transparent and fair
Why we’re good to work for
- Flexible working in a friendly, supportive working environment
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing the latest digital marketing approaches
- Work with well-known brands in the social good and charity sector
- Training in all aspects of digital marketing
- Do nice work for nice clients with a nice team (nice!)
- Modern working environment (our stack includes Gmail, Google Drive, Slack, Asana)
- Remote working (you can work in your PJs if you want to, as long as the work gets done)
What we’re looking for
With a background in digital, social and content marketing, we’re looking for a digital generalist who has proven experience in the following areas:
- Client Servicing: Excellent account management and client handling skills
- Social Media: content creation, community management, scheduling, analysis and reporting
- Email Marketing: campaign setup and optimisation with platforms, including Mailchimp
- Paid Media: Facebook ads, LinkedIn ads, Twitter ads, Google ads
While you don’t need to know all of these areas, the more you do about each of them – even at a basic level – the better.
If you’re missing any knowledge, we’ll work closely with you to train you up in the relevant areas. Plus there’ll be plenty of client work to get you up to speed quickly. Nothing like being thrown in the deep end and seeing if you sink or swim!
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Directors of empower, your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day creation, implementation, management, optimisation, reporting and analysis of digital marketing campaigns for US, UK and international clients
- Maximising digital opportunities to meet client objectives
- Regular reporting and channel performance analysis
- Coordinating daily and weekly tasks to ensure timelines are met
- Setting digital marketing strategies for key clients
- Running digital audits to assess client performance on digital channels
- Pulling together reports to track campaign progress
- Community management on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Creating content calendars for clients’ social media presences
- Writing copy for social media channels
- Briefing designers on content creation
- Scheduling prepared content
- Daily feed monitoring for sharing opportunities
- Analysing and reporting performance of clients’ social media accounts
Who you are
You are analytical whilst creative with a love for digital marketing and the ever changing world of digital. Quick to build relationships at all levels, you thrive working in a fast-paced and dynamic team.
Ready to learn and actively seek more work, you’re dedicated to continually learning and improving your skills, to deliver the highest-quality service to empower clients.
You love to be active and would be a natural ambassador for the Empower team.
Experience of remote working and a background in working in agencies a bonus.
What skills and experience you’ll have
- At least 4 years’ experience working in the climate change or sustainability sectors, in a digital marketing or communications role (desirable)
- Experience running social media campaigns and community management for clients
- Excellent copywriting skills, especially writing for digital experiences
- A love for all things digital and living a digital lifestyle
- Fluency in English to a native level
- Extremely well-organised and practical
- Amazing at email communication and inbox management
- Comfortable working independently on tasks
- Experience working in an agency environment
- No degree needed – we’re more interested in your ideas and experience
Apply for the position of Digital Marketing Consultant, Climate Change Specialist
The deadline for applications is now closed.