In this article:
About the role
- JOB TITLE: Account Executive
- LOCATION: Based in the UK. This is a predominately remote role, with monthly in-person team meetings in London which you will be required to attend and optional weekly coworking in London with the wider Empower team.
- WORKING HOURS: Full-time 40 hours a week (core working hours 10am – 4pm). Flexi working hours and part-time applications (minimum 4 days a week) considered.
- SALARY: £25,000 – £29,000, depending on experience (compliant with living wage, and London living wage)
- START DATE: ASAP
Empower is a strategic digital partner for causes creating impact around the world.
- Empowering people is our mission.
- It’s our vision for all causes to create positive social and environmental impact through effective digital communication.
- To help organisations do this, we develop insight-led digital strategies that enable their teams, and move their supporters to act.
- We’re proud to be a B Corp and our commitment to mission-aligned work means we only work with people who share our values of being people-centred, ethical and driven to create change.
Due to a run of recent client and project wins, along with our long-standing campaigns for nonprofits and purpose-led clients, we’re looking for an Account Executive to help run several of our key client accounts.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Empower
Diversity, equity and inclusion is a crucial part of our core values at Empower. Whilst we are proud of our diverse, equitable and inclusive working environment, we recognise we could do better and we are striving to improve our DEI efforts.
We want diverse candidates because we recognise the strengths that our differences bring to the organisation, the value in our different perspectives and the variety of lived experiences that enrich our team and our work.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and walks of life and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and Disability Confident Committed. We especially welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in our organisation, including Black, Asian, minority ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities and neurodiverse traits.
All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, education, or socioeconomic background.
We want you to have every opportunity to shine and show us your talents. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make sure the process works for you.
Why we’re good to work for
- Do nice work for nice clients with a nice team (nice!)
- We want to work with the real you – see our Manuals of Me
- We’re a dedicated B Corp!
- Work with well-known brands in the purpose-led and nonprofit sector
- Flexible remote working in a friendly, supportive working environment (you can work in your PJs if you want to, as long as the work gets done!)
- Monthly meet-up in London with your colleagues for collaboration, creativity and cake
- Modern working environment (our stack includes G-Suite, Slack, Asana)
- Internal team structure (you’ll never work on an account alone and won’t have to worry about your handover when you’re taking a well-deserved break)
- Hands-on experience and training in developing and implementing the latest digital marketing approaches
What you’ll be doing
On every account you’ll work with an Account Director and Account Manager, and often digital specialists.
- Organic Social & Content: Proudly own impeccable hands-on delivery of client channels, community management and campaigns across channels such as LinkedIn, X, Facebook and Instagram. This includes ideas-driven content creation, nuanced copy, and thumb-stopping visuals.
- Paid Media, Email & Search: Work with your account team and Empower specialists to deliver paid, email and search campaigns, from devising strategy through to delivery and evaluation.
- Insights & Reporting: Draw on your implementation work to deliver bespoke insight and analysis for your clients, and work with your account teams to identify ideas and hypotheses for testing, as well as proactive opportunities to educate your clients and enhance Empower’s work.
- Client Servicing: Working with your account team to drive positive and productive client relations, through daily interaction and delivery of Empower’s digital services. Develop skills to educate clients on best practice, innovations and emergent trends, and identify areas for account growth and improvement.
- Task Management: Effectively manage and communicate progress around your daily / weekly tasks, working with your account teams to ensure client work is delivered within agreed scopes and budgets.
Your account team will support you using project management tools such as Asana to plan next steps, set timings and allocate tasks to other team members.
- Innovation & Tools: Proactively stay across and have a genuine interest in understanding and applying industry tools, digital trends, and innovations. Package these up into weekly insights and ideas for Empower.
- Digital Strategy: Deepen your understanding of digital strategy, as you and your account team evolve and implement it for clients. Support colleagues in delivering knowledge transfer, strategy development and transformation to clients via day-to-day servicing, documents, workshops and training.
- Agency Development: Be an active participant of Empower’s digital and in-person meetings, calls and projects – bringing ideas, enthusiasm and a values-driven approach to our future.
Please note: If you have video, design, paid, email, search and client experience that’s great – but don’t worry if you don’t have them, we can train you up. Please don’t let this put you off applying
Core competencies we look for
Empower seek these competencies across all levels. Although this is a junior role, we’ll be looking to see the potential to help you flourish in these areas:
- Leadership: You inspire and influence others, working proactively, bringing forward solutions, researching and sharing knowledge, being future-oriented and fostering innovation.
- Responsibility: You are punctual, have optimal time, deadline and task management. You are self-motivated, consistent and communicate clearly and often as required by a mixture of autonomous and team remote work.
- Relationships: You develop relationships with clients and colleagues that deliver on client-work, agency and career development for yourself and others. You plan and use time well with others, delivering the best possible outcomes and experiences.
- Creativity: You apply inventive solutions to your work, and apply flexible thinking, bringing forward new ideas and evolving existing ways of working. You are hands-on and able to support varying tasks from social media to strategy, and show willingness to learn along the way.
- Commercial Awareness: You are hungry to understand what makes an organisation successful, how your role may affect business performance, and to deliver profitable client work and impactful internal projects.
- Values-Driven: You are motivated to work for Empower as a B Corp and impact driven organisation.
Our benefits package includes
- 25 days holiday, plus UK bank holidays
- In addition, Empower is closed between Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- Workplace pension scheme (5% Employer contribution)
- One day a week coworking with the London team, or contribution to coworking space near your home.
- Full career development planning, focused on career goals, and role progression.
- £1,000 equipment budget with additional support for needs uncovered by workplace assessment.
- Annual wellness subscription of your choice, eg: Headspace, Oddbox etc
- Access to on-demand mental health support and tools provided by Spill.
- Free annual exam and glasses contribution if screen use impacts prescription
- Family support: Progressive package inclusive of mental health, miscarriage, conception, menopause, bereavement support. Shared Parental offerings include 12 weeks leave on 90% of normal pay.
- Annual charitable donation: £200 per person donation of your choice, plus a coordinated team fund of £1,000.
- One day per year to volunteer at a place of your choosing.
Our recruitment process
Inviting someone to join our team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. We don’t want to waste anyone’s time, so if we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage, we’ll let you know.
- Apply for the job through the link below.
- You’ll have a half hour chat over the phone with a member of our recruitment team so we can find out more about your experience and ambitions.
- If we think you’re a good match for the role, we’ll book you in for a face-to-face interview via GoogleMeet.
- To keep things fair and for you to show your best, we will provide you with a list of questions we’ll be asking during the interview. For some roles there are also a few short tasks to complete, which we will provide details of well in advance of the interview to give you plenty of time to prepare. This will also be a chance to meet some of the people you’d be working with, and ask any questions about working at Empower.
- That’s it! If everyone’s happy, we’ll make you an offer.
Apply for the position of Account Executive
Please follow this link to make an application.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 8th November 2023, 11:59pm GMT.
Our initial half hour telephone chats will take place on 15th, 16th and 17th November 2023.
Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to a face-to-face virtual interview taking place via Google Meet week commencing 20th November 2023.
Please keep these dates free and be aware that there will be a short notice period before each interview.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Catherine Raboteur, HR & Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org