During busy periods, we need to work with a diverse group of freelancers who are specialists in their field to add extra capacity and expertise to our core team. We see our freelance partners as complementary to our core Empower teams, whether as an individual social media specialist or someone with the deep sector expertise that we need for one of our projects.
If you have experience helping organisations and teams run effective social media campaigns, enjoy building relationships and problem-solving, and would be excited to help spread social media best practice across Empower and our clients, this is the opportunity for you.
With COP27 taking place in November, Empower’s busiest season is approaching and we need extra help across a raft of climate (and some non-climate) clients.
In this article:
🎉 About the role
- JOB TITLE: Freelance Social Media Manager
- CLIENT PROFILE: 4-5 nonprofits working in the climate change and sustainability sector, mainly working in the areas of research, advocacy and policymaking, and with B2B / Government audiences (not consumer)
- LOCATION: Based in the UK. This is a mainly remote role, with monthly in-person team meetings in London which you will be required to attend.
- HOURS: 20 hours a week (2.5 days)
- DAY RATE: TBC, depending on experience
- START DATE: ASAP
🌍 About Empower
Empower is a strategic digital comms partner for causes creating impact around the world.
Our vision is for all causes to be able to use digital comms to create positive social and environmental impact.
To help make this a reality we work as part of your team, collaborating alongside you as colleagues rather than at arms length like a traditional agency. We listen to what you want to achieve and provide a suite of options to make that happen. We’ve worked in-house ourselves and understand the challenges that nonprofits encounter and how to work around them.
We’ve consciously created our business to support a diverse range of people, from our team of multi-disciplined, multi-regional employees and consultants to the in-house teams and organisations we work with. We’re proud to be a B-Corp and our commitment to mission-aligned work means we only work with people who share our values of being people-centered, ethical and driven to create change. We aren’t fans of greenwashing, stunts and empty promises.
Our tailored, generous approach is what our clients often say they love. It keeps our projects running smoothly and our clients staying with us year after year.
🧩 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We welcome people from all backgrounds and walks of life and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and a Disability Confident Committed employer. We especially welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in our organisation, including Black, Asian, minority ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities and neurodiverse traits.
🏡 Why we’re good to work for
- Do nice work for nice clients with a nice team (nice!)
- Work with well-known brands in the purpose-led and nonprofit sector
- Flexible remote working in a friendly, supportive working environment (you can work in your PJs if you want to, as long as the work gets done!)
- Modern working environment (our stack includes Gmail, Google Drive, Slack, Asana)
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing the latest social media marketing approaches
💻 What you’ll be doing
As per our services, elements of the following will be included in this role:
- Social Media: Content creation and calendaring, community management, and scheduling Daily monitoring and oversight of client social feeds, to ensure content is going out correctly, and identifying reactive opportunities, issues, trends etc. Note: Key platforms for Empower’s clients are Twitter and LinkedIn
- Reporting: Compiling monthly and campaign reporting, completing ad hoc reporting requests and providing insight and analysis on what’s working well and less so on client accounts, as well as platform trends.
- Client servicing: Maintaining a positive and proactive approach to the Empower/Client relationship. Working with your Account Manager or Director to liaise with the client over email, slack and phone. Attending and booking regular calls, taking notes, creating actions in Asana and relaying to clients – as per the agreed role on each account.
- Tools: Evaluating, setting up and managing social media listening and social media scheduling tools.
- Autonomous work: Working autonomously on specific project briefs with plenty of contact.
- Team work: as part of a team when specific briefs require a collaborative approach.
✅ Main tasks
- Maintaining day to day social activity and excellence in daily delivery of campaigns
- Daily notifications checking/community engagement of client social channels
- Weekly content writing and scheduling
- Monthly reporting
- Attending client calls and taking actions during meetings, circulating notes afterwards
- Creation of basic assets using Canva
- Managing your own time and ensuring workload feedback to AM or Director
- Managing your own tasks using Asana and keeping this updated
- Escalating anything to the client that needs further input
- Flagging any account issues to the Account Manager or Director as they are identified
- Delivering positive and productive client relations, responding to reactive requests
The deadline for applications is Monday 29th August 2022, 11:59pm GMT.
We will be running interviews on a rolling basis as we’re looking to have freelance support in asap, so recommend you apply as early as possible.