Empower are always looking for the best Freelance Digital Marketing Consultants to join our established team, working with amazing clients that are changing the world for good.
The deadline for applications is now closed.
In this article:
About the role
- JOB TITLE: Freelance Digital Marketing Consultant.
- LOCATION: UK-based, remote working, but with monthly meetings in London.
- WORKING HOURS: 3+ days per week, ideally distributed across the week, during Monday-Friday working hours
- SALARY: Competitive, dependent on experience.
Empower run Digital, Social and Content Marketing campaigns for some of the biggest and best technology, consumer, media, mobile, government and charity brands around the world.
Current and previous clients include: UN Refugee Agency, Amnesty International UK, UNICEF, The Jo Cox Foundation, The Green Party, Global Witness, We Mean Business, The Guardian, RSPCA, The Wildlife Trusts, Medact, UNPRI, and ShelterBox.
Empower run award-winning campaigns, translating our clients’ goals into effective strategy and implementation.
We are flexible and inventive, seeing communication challenges as opportunities to develop bespoke approach. We are happiest when we become the trusted counsel and a friendly sounding board to our clients and their teams. We believe in close collaboration with our clients and an emphasis on working with our clients to deliver results.
Empower is an equal opportunities employer, aims to recruit from a diverse range of backgrounds, and is committed to paying the London Living Wage.
Why we’re good to work for
- Flexible working in a friendly, supportive working environment
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing the latest digital marketing approaches
- Work with well-known brands in the social good and charity sector
- Training in all aspects of digital marketing
- Do nice work for nice clients with a nice team (nice!)
- Modern working environment (our stack includes Gmail, Google Drive, Slack, Asana)
- Remote working (you can work in your PJs if you want to, as long as the work gets done)
What we’re looking for
With a background in digital, social and content marketing, we’re looking for a digital generalist who has experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Content Marketing: copywriting, content creation, CMS management
- Social Media: community management, scheduling, analysis and reporting
- Email Marketing: campaign setup and optimisation with platforms, including Mailchimp
- Paid Media: Facebook ads, Twitter ads, Google PPC
While you don’t need to know all of these areas, the more you do about each of them – even at a basic level – the better.
If you’re missing any knowledge, we’ll work closely with you to train you up in the relevant areas.
Plus there’ll be plenty of client work to get you up to speed quickly. Nothing like being throwing in the deep end and seeing if you sink or swim!
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Directors of empower, your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day creation, implementation, management, optimisation, reporting and analysis of digital marketing campaigns for UK and international clients
- Maximising digital opportunities to meet client objectives
- Regular reporting and channel performance analysis
- Coordinating daily and weekly tasks to ensure timelines are met
- Identifying article themes and ideas for clients
- Research, drafting and publishing client articles
- Promoting articles online and across social media
- Planning, commissioning and creating social content
- Optimising the distribution of content for social media and SEO for charities
- Social media community management on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Creating content calendars for clients’ social media presences
- Analysing and reporting performance of clients’ social media accounts
- Scheduling prepared content and daily feed monitoring for sharing opportunities
- Planning and implementing campaigns across Google Ads and Facebook Ads
- Providing insight and optimisation ideas based on performance analysis
- Testing site links, ad copy and landing pages
- Maintaining and coordinating clients’ email newsletters in line with content and promotional campaigns
- Supporting email briefing, testing and broadcasting all outgoing emails
- Monitoring and maintaining email database & segmentation for clients
- Supporting with implementing A/B and multivariate tests to help improve site conversion
- Reporting and analysing on the results of email marketing campaigns
Who you are
You are analytical whilst creative with a love for marketing and the ever changing world of digital. Quick to build relationships at all levels, you thrive working in a fast-paced and dynamic team.
Ready to learn and actively seek more work, you’re dedicated to continually learning and improving your skills, to deliver the highest-quality service to empower clients.
You love to be active and would be a natural ambassador for the empower team.
Experience of remote working and a background in working in agencies a bonus.
What skills and experience you’ll have
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Fluency in English to a native level
- Extremely well-organised and practical
- Amazing at email communication and inbox management
- Excellent copywriting skills, especially writing for digital experience
- Experience running social media campaigns and community management for clients
- A love for all things digital and living a digital lifestyle
- Comfortable working independently on tasks
- No degree needed – we’re more interested in your ideas and experience
Apply for the position of Freelance Digital Marketing Consultant
The deadline for applications is now closed.