About the role
- JOB TITLE: Paid Media Executive
- LOCATION: Based in the UK. This is a mainly remote role, with monthly in-person team meetings in London which you will be required to attend and optional weekly coworking in London with the wider Empower team.
- WORKING HOURS: Full-time 40 hours a week (core working hours 10am – 4pm). Flexi working hours and part-time applications (minimum 4 days a week) considered.
- SALARY: £28,000 – £34,000, depending on experience
- START DATE: ASAP
Link to full job description and further details here
Empower is a strategic digital comms agency for causes creating impact around the world.
We partner with and support causes that create impact to deliver valuable strategic digital campaigns. We integrate with our clients’ teams and adapt to the needs of their causes to ensure they achieve their goals.
Check out some of our recent work here.
Due to a run of recent client and project wins, along with our long-standing campaigns for nonprofits and purpose-led clients, we’re looking for a Paid Media Executive to help run several of our key client accounts, focussing on Facebook Ads and Google Ads, but extending to other platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Empower
Diversity, equity and inclusion is a crucial part of our core values at Empower. Whilst we are proud of our diverse, equitable and inclusive working environment, we recognise we could do better and we are striving to improve our DEI efforts.
We want diverse candidates because we recognise the strengths that our differences bring to the organisation, the value in our different perspectives and the variety of lived experiences that enrich our team and our work.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and walks of life and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and Disability Confident Committed. We especially welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in our organisation, including Black, Asian, minority ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities and neurodiverse traits.
All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, education, or socioeconomic background.
We want you to have every opportunity to shine and show us your talents. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make sure the process works for you.
Further details about our recruitment process can be found here.
Why we’re good to work for
- Do nice work for nice clients with a nice team (nice!)
- Work with well-known brands in the purpose-led and nonprofit sector
- Flexible remote working in a friendly, supportive working environment (you can work in your PJs if you want to, as long as the work gets done!)
- Modern working environment (our stack includes Gmail, Google Drive, Slack, Asana)
- Internal team working structure (you’ll never work on an account alone and won’t have to worry about your handover when you’re taking a well-deserved break)
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing the latest digital marketing approaches
- Training in all aspects of digital marketing
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be planning, implementing, optimising and measuring paid media campaigns across various clients and platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- You’ll be working alongside Account Managers and Social Media Managers to execute an integrated strategy for your clients.
- You’ll analyse performance data and provide insights and recommendations, plus implementing appropriate optimisation plans based on what you find.
- You’ll manage client budgets and advise on budget changes based on your expertise and campaign performance metrics.
- You’ll help determine benchmark performances to help clients estimate what can be achieved in their campaigns
- You’ll work with the Account Manager to provide high quality and insightful reports for all clients on a regular basis.
What core skills and experience you’ll have
- Active experience in managing live ad campaigns across at least two of Facebook, Twitter, Google and LinkedIn
- Experience in planning paid media campaigns, including platform selection, budgets, timings, audience targeting and creative development
- Able to analyse paid media results and draw out client-facing performance insights
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Excellent copywriting skills, especially writing for digital experiences
- Well-organised and practical
- Strong at email communication and inbox management
- Comfortable working closely with clients
- Comfortable working independently on tasks
- No degree needed – we’re more interested in your ideas and experience
Link to full job description and further details here
Our benefits package includes
- 25 days holiday, plus UK bank holidays
- In addition, Empower is closed between Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- Workplace pension scheme (5% Employer contribution)
- One day a week coworking with the London team, or contribution to coworking space near your home.
- Full career development planning, focused on career goals, and role progression.
- Quarterly training / mindset days with the team, plus an annual personal training budget.
- £1,000 equipment budget with additional support for needs uncovered by workplace assessment.
- Annual wellness subscription of your choice, eg: Headspace, Oddbox etc
- Access to on-demand mental health support and tools provided by Spill.
- Free annual exam and glasses contribution if screen use impacts prescription
- Family support: Progressive package inclusive of mental health, miscarriage, conception, menopause, bereavement support. Shared Parental offerings include 12 weeks leave on 90% of normal pay.
- Annual charitable donation: £200 per person donation of your choice, plus a coordinated team fund of £1,000.
- One day per year to volunteer at a place of your choosing.
Our recruitment process
Inviting someone to join our team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. We don’t want to waste anyone’s time, so if we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage, we’ll let you know.
- Apply for the job through the link below.
- You’ll have a half hour chat over the phone with a member of our recruitment team so we can find out more about your experience and ambitions.
- If we think you’re a good match for the role, we’ll book you in for a face-to-face interview via GoogleMeet.
- To keep things fair and for you to show your best, we will provide you with a list of questions we’ll be asking during the interview. For some roles there are also a few short tasks to complete, which we will provide details of well in advance of the interview to give you plenty of time to prepare. This will also be a chance to meet some of the people you’d be working with, and ask any questions about working at Empower.
- That’s it! If everyone’s happy, we’ll make you an offer.
Apply for the position of Paid Media Executive
Guidance on how to make an application and our recruitment process can be found here.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to offer sponsorship for this role so can only accept applications from candidates who currently reside in the UK and have the legal right to work and remain in the United Kingdom.
Please follow this link to make an application.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 28th March 2023, 11:59pm GMT.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviews may be held on a rolling basis before the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Catherine Raboteur, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org