APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE NOW CLOSED.
After a fantastic 2017, empower is looking for a Digital Marketing Executive to join our established team, work with amazing clients who are changing the world for good, and make 2018 an even better year than the last.
More details on the role below and the application form is right at the bottom of the post.
In this article:
ABOUT THE ROLE
JOB TITLE: Digital Marketing Executive
LOCATION: London, UK
WORKING HOURS: 3+ days per week, ideally distributed across the week, during Monday-Friday working hours
SALARY: Competitive, dependent on experience
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5pm GMT, Friday 5th January 2018
Empower run Digital, Social and Content Marketing campaigns for some of the biggest and best technology, consumer, media, mobile, government and charity brands around the world.
Current and previous clients include: UN Refugee Agency, Amnesty international UK, UNICEF, The Jo Cox Foundation, The Green Party, Global Witness, We Mean Business, The Guardian, RSPCA, The Wildlife Trusts, Medact, UNPRI, and Bang & Olufsen.
Empower do award-winning work, translating our clients’ goals into effective strategy and implementation.
We are flexible and inventive, seeing communication challenges as opportunities to develop bespoke approach. We are happiest when we become the trusted counsel and a friendly sounding board to our clients and their teams. We believe in close collaboration with our clients and an emphasis on working with our clients to deliver results.
Empower is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to paying the London Living Wage.
WHY WE’RE GOOD TO WORK FOR
Flexible working in a friendly, supportive working environment
Hands-on experience developing and implementing the latest digital marketing approaches
Work with well-known brands in the social good and charity sector
Training in all aspects of digital marketing
Do nice work for nice clients with a nice team (nice!)
Modern working environment (our stack includes Google Apps, Slack, Asana)
Remote working (you can work your PJs if you want to, as long as the work gets done)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
With a background in digital, social and content marketing, we’re looking for a digital generalist who has experience in at least one of the following areas:
Content Marketing: copywriting, content creation, CMS management
Social Media: community management, scheduling, analysis and reporting
Email Marketing: campaign setup and optimisation with Mailchimp
Paid Media: Facebook ads, Twitter ads, Google PPC
While you don’t need to know all of these areas, the more you do about each of them – even at a basic level – the better. If you’re missing any knowledge, we’ll work closely with you to train you up in the relevant areas.
Plus there’ll be plenty of client work to get you up to speed quickly. Nothing like being throwing in the deep end and seeing if you sink or swim.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Reporting to the Directors of empower, your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day creation, implementation, management, optimisation, reporting and analysis of digital marketing campaigns for UK and international clients
- Maximising digital opportunities to meet client objectives
- Regular reporting and channel performance analysis
- Coordinating daily and weekly tasks to ensure timelines are met
- Identifying article themes and ideas for clients
- Research, drafting and publishing client articles
- Promoting articles online and across social media
- Planning, commissioning and creating social content
- Optimising the distribution of content for social media and SEO
- Community management on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Creating content calendars for clients’ social media presences
- Analysing and reporting performance of clients’ social media accounts
- Scheduling prepared content and daily feed monitoring for sharing opportunities
- Planning and implementing campaigns across Google PPC and Facebook Ads
- Providing insight and optimisation ideas based on performance analysis
- Testing site links, ad copy and landing pages
- Maintain and coordinate clients’ email newsletters in line with content and promotional campaigns
- Support email briefing, testing and broadcasting all outgoing emails
- Monitor and maintain email database & segmentation for clients
- Support with implementing A/B and multivariate tests to help improve site conversion
- Report and analyse on the results of email marketing
WHO YOU ARE
You are analytical whilst creative with a love for digital marketing and the ever changing world of online. Quick to build relationships at all levels, you thrive working in a fast-paced and dynamic team.
Ready to learn and actively seek more work, you’re dedicated to continually learning and improving your skills, to deliver the highest-quality service to empower’s clients.
You love to be active and would be a natural ambassador for the empower team.
Experience of remote working and a background in working in agencies a bonus.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL HAVE
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Fluency in English to a native level
- Extremely well-organised and practical
- Amazing at email communication and inbox management
- Excellent copywriting skills, especially writing for digital experience
- Experience running social media campaigns and community management for clients
- A love for all things digital and living a digital lifestyle
- Comfortable working independently on tasks
- No degree needed – we’re more interested in your ideas and experience
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE NOW CLOSED.
Please fill in the application form at the bottom of this article to apply.
Email Ben Matthews at [email protected] if you have any questions about the role or life at empower, but be aware that responses will be slower over the Christmas period.