In this article:
? About the role
- JOB TITLE: Social Media Manager
- LOCATION: Based in the UK. This is a mainly remote role, with monthly in-person team meetings in London which you will be required to attend, and optional weekly coworking in London with the wider Empower team.
- WORKING HOURS: Full-time 40 hours a week (core working hours 10am – 4pm). Flexi working hours and part-time applications (min. 4 days a week) considered.
- SALARY: £28,000 – £34,000, depending on experience
- START DATE: ASAP
? About Empower
Empower is a strategic digital comms agency that helps causes create digital campaigns with impact.
We partner with and support causes that create impact to deliver valuable strategic digital campaigns. We integrate with our clients’ teams and adapt to the needs of their causes to ensure they achieve their goals.
Due to a run of recent client and project wins, along with our long-standing campaigns for nonprofits and purpose-led clients, we’re looking for a Social Media Manager to help run several of our key client accounts.
? Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Empower
Diversity, equity and inclusion is a crucial part of our core values at Empower. Whilst we are proud of our diverse, equitable and inclusive working environment, we recognise we could do better and we are striving to improve our DEI efforts.
We want diverse candidates because we recognise the strengths that our differences bring to the organisation, the value in our different perspectives and the variety of lived experiences that enrich our team and our work.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and walks of life and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and Disability Confident Committed. We especially welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in our organisation, including Black, Asian, minority ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities and neurodiverse traits.
All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, education, or socioeconomic background.
We want you to have every opportunity to shine and show us your talents. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make sure the process works for you.
?? Why we’re good to work for
- Do nice work for nice clients with a nice team (nice!)
- We want to work with the real you – see our Manuals of Me
- We’re a dedicated B Corp!
- Work with well-known brands in the purpose-led and nonprofit sector
- Flexible remote working in a friendly, supportive working environment (you can work in your PJs if you want to, as long as the work gets done!)
- Monthly meet-up in London with your colleagues for collaboration, creativity, inspiration and cake
- Modern working environment (our stack includes Gmail, Google Drive, Slack, Asana)
- Internal team working structure (you’ll never work on an account alone and won’t have to worry about your handover when you’re taking a well-deserved break)
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing the latest digital marketing approaches
- Training in all aspects of digital marketing
? What you’ll be doing
As per our services, elements of the following will be included in this role:
- Social Media Management: Content creation and calendaring, community management, scheduling, analysis and reporting. Daily check-ins and oversight of client social feeds, to ensure content is going out correctly, and identifying reactive opportunities, issues, trends etc. Note: Key platforms for Empower’s clients are Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Content and implementation: Overseeing content creation, commissioning and implementation, which may include commissioning and creating content like blog posts, articles, video, graphics and emails.
- Representing Empower and the client: Representing the agency on client calls and workshops, and representing the client digitally on wider calls, eg: workshops or collaborative planning with other partners.
- Reporting and Digital Audits: Running reporting and digital audits to assess client performance on digital channels Pulling together regular reports to track campaign progress and give campaign insights and recommendations.
- Paid Media: Planning, implementing and monitoring paid media campaigns, with the support of Empower’s paid social specialists.
- Agency support and development, when required, managing Empower’s social channels, creating and contributing to blog posts, new business proposals, participating in learning and development initiatives.
✅ What core skills and experience you’ll have
- Active experience in managing organisational social media accounts across most of the core channels and a good understanding of all, eg: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok
- Including community and issues management
- Written and visual content creation
- Experience in planning – or executing depending on your experience level – social media campaigns, including platform selection, audience insights, content strategy and creation, implementation and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Excellent copywriting skills, especially writing for digital experiences
- Well-organised and practical
- Strong at email communication and inbox management
- Comfortable working closely with clients
- Comfortable working independently on tasks
- No degree needed – we’re more interested in your ideas and experience
Please note: If you have video, design, paid and client experience that’s great but don’t worry if you don’t have them, we can train you up. Please don’t let this put you off applying!
??♀️ Our benefits package includes
- 25 days holiday, plus UK bank holidays
- In addition, Empower is closed between Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- Workplace pension scheme (5% Employer contribution)
- One day a week coworking with the London team, or contribution to coworking space near your home.
- Annual inflation linked payrise
- Full career development planning, focused on career goals, and role progression.
- Quarterly training / mindset days with the team, plus an annual personal training budget.
- £1,000 equipment budget with additional support for needs uncovered by workplace assessment.
- Annual wellness subscription of your choice, eg: Headspace, Oddbox etc
- Access to on-demand mental health support and tools provided by Spill.
- Free annual exam and glasses contribution if screen use impacts prescription
- Family support: Progressive package inclusive of mental health, miscarriage, conception, menopause, bereavement support. Shared Parental offerings include 12 weeks leave on 90% of normal pay.
- Annual charitable donation: £200 per person donation of your choice, plus a coordinated team fund of £1,000.
- One day per year to volunteer at a place of your choosing.
Our recruitment process
Inviting someone to join our team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. We don’t want to waste anyone’s time, so if we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage, we’ll let you know.
- Apply for the job through one of the links below.
- You’ll have a half hour chat over GoogleMeet with a few of our team members so we can find out more about your experience and ambitions.
- If we think you’re a good match for the role, we’ll book you in for a face-to-face interview via GoogleMeet.
- To keep things fair and for you to show your best, we will provide you with a list of questions we’ll be asking during the interview. For some roles there are also a few short tasks to complete, which we will provide details of well in advance of the interview to give you plenty of time to prepare. This will also be a chance to meet some of the people you’d be working with, and ask any questions about working at Empower.
- That’s it! If everyone’s happy, we’ll make you an offer.
Apply for the position of Social Media Manager
Please follow this link to make an application.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 29th January 2023, 11:59pm GMT.
Our initial half hour telephone chats will take place on 3rd, 6th and 7th February 2023.
Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to a face-to-face virtual interview taking place via Google Meet on either 13th, 14th or 15th February 2023.
Please keep these dates free and be aware that there will be a short notice period before each interview.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Catherine Raboteur, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org