There are a whole ton of digital marketing resources out there if you’re looking to learn more about digital marketing. There are also plenty places where you can find out information or advice if you’re looking into specific marketing areas, like Communications, SEO, Social Media, Content Marketing, or Email Marketing.
To help you out (because that’s what we like doing best) the Empower team have been reviewing the resources we use most often, sifting through the mountains of digital marketing content out there to give you the best of the bunch.
Below are the resources we’d recommend, which all have a wealth of practical, relevant information backed up by professionals who are leaders of their respective industries.
We’ve also flagged their email newsletters where relevant, so you can subscribe to the ones you like and then get articles delivered directly to your inbox. Take a look at our article on the best newsletters for digital marketing and social media news if you’re looking for more of the best marketing newsletters to subscribe to .
Obviously there are a whole load more digital marketing resources out there, but these are the main ones we use and contribute to. Feel free to suggest others in the comments – we’re always learning and keen to expand our resources too!
The Econsultancy website attracts more than 600,000 unique visitors every month, mainly visiting their blog, which publishes digital marketing content (geared towards ecommerce) on a daily basis. There are also paid reports and templates.
Their daily newsletter, The Daily Pulse, is worth signing up to.
Some of the Empower team and our associates have contributed several articles and guides for Econsultancy:
- Ben Matthews, Social Media and Online PR Strategy Guidelines
- James Gurd, B2B content Marketing Guide
- Dan Barker, Which are the most significant new Google Analytics features?
Example digital marketing resources from Econsultancy:
- 25 excellent UX examples from ecommerce sites
- 17 ways your ecommerce business can beat Amazon
- 10 neat innovations to make your ecommerce site more interesting
2. Smart InsightsSmart Insights
Similar to Econsultancy, Smart Insights has a comprehensive library of digital marketing resources, with lots of actionable advice and templates to use.
You’ll need to sign up to their basic membership to get free access to their marketing planning template and more marketing resources.
Example digital marketing resources from Smart Insights:
- The Perfect Landing Page. Landing page examples and 12 tips
- Digital marketing strategy and planning Word template
- The 6 Best Link Analysis Tools for competitor benchmarking for SEO and Online PR
3. MozMoz Learn SEO
Moz’s ‘Learn SEO and Search Marketing’ has loads off in-depth, how-to articles around SEO, including the basic terms and tactics. You can learn how to conduct effective keyword targeting, the importance of on-page optimisation, meta descriptions, schema structured data and mobile optimised websites.
Their beginner’s guide to SEO is a classic and recommended as the starting point for anyone learning SEO.
You can subscribe to their newsletter from the Moz blog.
- Beginner’s Guide to Social Media
- Stop Ghost Spam in Google Analytics with One Filter
- The 2015 Online Marketing Industry Survey
4. Hubspot AcademyHubspot Academy
The Inbound marketing company HubSpot have developed the Hubspot Academy, an online learning course, which has a series of training videos, in-depth user guides and how-to articles for inbound marketing and content marketing. It is heavily biased towards Hubspot’s own tools, but the course is good for an introduction to inbound marketing basics like blogging, social media, building landing pages and running email marketing campaigns.
They regularly publish to their blog and you can subscribe to their newsletter from the same page, choosing between Marketing, Sales and Content Marketing.
- How to Repurpose Your Social Media Content
- 8 Creative Ways to Enhance Your Content Marketing With Visuals
- Tips For Re-training Your Media Sales Team
- 4 Genius Tactics for Increasing Ecommerce Sales
5. Social Media ExaminerSocial Media Examiner
One of the original and best, Social Media Examiner has articles on how to best use social media, blogs and podcasts to connect with customers, drive traffic, generate awareness and increase sales.
Sign up to their email newsletter here.
If you sign up, you’ll also get a free Social Media Marketing Industry Report with 50 pages and 80 charts, which is as comprehensive as it gets.
- How to Create Facebook Ads That Stand Out Using Power Editor
- How to Enhance Customer Experience With Social Media
- Visual Content Marketing: A Resource Guide for Marketers
6. The Best of the Rest
Still want more? Here are the rest of our favourite digital marketing resources:
- Inbound.org – The #1 Inbound Marketing community
- GrowthHackers – A Community for Growth-Focused Marketers
- Kim Garst – Social Media for Small Business Owners
- Socialmouths – Social media and business advice
- Facebook Ads Academy – Does what is says on the tin
- AWeber Blog – Email Marketing Tips and Best Practices
- KISSmetrics – Another very good digital marketing Blog
Those are just a few of our favourite digital marketing resources. Which sites do you go back to time and again? Let us know in the comments below!
If you liked this article, you’ll love our weekly newsletter. Sign up here!