Empower are recruiting for a Director (Maternity Cover) to help lead our established team, working with amazing clients that are changing the world for good.
The deadline for applications to this role is Sunday 7th June 2020.
A cover letter is your pitch to us, please include this in your application. It tells us why you are interested in being part of our team, your skills and talents and gives us the opportunity to find out more about you.
About the role
- JOB TITLE: Director (Maternity Cover)
- CONTRACT TYPE: PAYE for 12 months, with potential to renew
- LOCATION: UK-based, remote working, but within easy reach of London
- WORKING HOURS: At least 4 days per week, during Monday-Friday working hours
- SALARY: Competitive, dependent on experience
- START DATE: 1 July 2020, but some flexibility available
Empower run Digital, Social and Content Marketing campaigns for some of the biggest and best charity, nonprofit and social good brands around the world.
Current and previous clients include: UN Refugee Agency, Amnesty International UK, UNICEF, The Jo Cox Foundation, The Green Party, Global Witness, We Mean Business, The Guardian, RSPCA, The Wildlife Trusts, Medact, UNPRI and ShelterBox.
We run award-winning campaigns, translating our clients’ goals into effective strategy and implementation.
We are flexible and inventive, seeing communication challenges as opportunities to develop bespoke approaches. We are happiest when we become the trusted counsel and a friendly sounding board to our clients and their teams. We believe in close collaboration with our clients and an emphasis on working with our clients to deliver results.
Empower is an equal opportunities employer, aims to recruit from a diverse range of backgrounds, and is committed to paying the London Living Wage.
- Driven: We are ambitious, professional and take initiative
- People-centred: We are kind, generous and human
- Ethical: We are trustworthy, transparent and fair
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a highly experienced Director and client servicing lead who can step into a key role while one of the team is on maternity leave.
With a background in digital, social and content marketing, preferably from an agency background, we’re looking for a senior-lead who has experience in the following areas:
- Digital Strategy: Developing and delivering creative, problem-solving strategy
- Digital Campaigning and Advocacy: engaging policymakers, journalists and other influential targets, via social media, to drive change
- Content Marketing: commissioning, planning, reviewing
- Social Media: community management, scheduling, analysis and reporting
- Insights: Data, auditing and measurement
- Client Handling: Strategic counsel, day-to-day support, resource and budgeting
- New Business: Proposal and budget writing, client onboarding
- Account Management: Reporting, task management, resourcing and invoicing
- Sectoral: Time spent in climate change, policy, advocacy and humanitarian work would be an advantage
While this is a senior role, due to the structure of Empower’s team and that most of the team of eight work a 4-day-week, you will be expected to do hands-on and tactical work.
We’re looking for someone within easy reach of London, who is able to attend our monthly coworking day (currently run remotely due to COVID-19 lockdown) and regular client meetings – approximately one meeting per week.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to Ben Matthews, Empower’s Co-Founder and Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Strategic counsel on often fast-flowing ideas, particularly for digital campaigning and advocacy – engaging policymakers, journalists and other influential targets
- Day-to-day account oversight on tasks, requirements and delivery
- Proactive engagement with ideas and solutions
- Weekly calls, monthly reporting, as per client SLA
- Resource management, budgeting and contract renewals
- Working in an embedded fashion, often with client-side emails, rather than in a traditional agency role
- Day-to-day oversight and where needed implementation of digital marketing campaigns for UK and international clients – inclusive of management, optimisation, reporting and analysis
- Reviewing team work, before finalising and sending to clients
- Providing insight on regular reporting and channel performance analysis, completed by team members
- Planning and commissioning social media content – identifying content opportunities for clients and managing delivery of content against these
- Overseeing digital advocacy work, community management and reactive day-to-day social media opportunities
- Reviewing data and analysis collated by Empower team members, reporting performance of clients’ accounts and campaigns, providing ad hoc data and analysis as requested by clients
- Paid media:
- Strategic planning and oversight of implementation
- Reporting, insight and optimisation ideas based on performance analysis
- Email Marketing:
- Overseeing client email strategy, implementation and reporting
- New Business: Proposal and budget writing
- Client Servicing: As detailed above, and client onboarding
- Team: Team calls and management, weekly stand-ups, monthly co-working attending and hosting
Who you are
- You are strategic, thorough, trustworthy and quick to build relationships at all levels. You get things done and provide clients with solutions, before problems. You are a completer-finisher, generating and collating work to a high standard, and always on time.
- You are a team player, happy to get stuck in on the day-to-day, and always keeping your team’s needs central to your planning. You are kind, thoughtful and interested in what your client and team need to get their work done, and retain work-life balance.
- You are analytical with a love for marketing and the ever changing world of digital.
- You draw on a wide range of experience working in agency and client-side.
- You love to be active and would be a natural ambassador for the empower team.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Fluency in English to a native level
- Extremely well-organised and practical
- Amazing at email communication and inbox management
- Excellent copywriting skills, especially writing for digital experience
- Experience directing social media, content and advocacy campaigns
- No degree needed – we’re more interested in your ideas and experience
- Flexible, remote working in a friendly, supportive environment, with a high value on work-life balance
- Work with well-known brands in the social good and charity sector
- Do nice work for nice clients with a nice team (nice!)
- Modern work stack (including Gmail, Google Drive, Slack, Asana)
- Ethical culture (paperless, low-carbon travel, eco-hosting, plant-based)